Mold Testing And Inspection Services

Mold is one of the most serious dangers that can build up in a home. It can cause permanent damage to your home and can also be dangerous to you, your family, and your pets. In some instances, it can even be life-threatening. It cannot be stressed enough how hazardous mold in your home can be. The best remedy is to quickly identify mold and have it removed by a trained, licensed professional.

CDC Cites Studies Showing Link Between Mold And Chronic Health Issues

The CDC has reported numerous studies that show mold’s effect on people’s health. Mold can cause itching skin, red or itchy eyes, wheezing, and a stuffy nose. For people with preexisting conditions such as asthma or allergies, the reactions can be even worse, with mold causing upper respiratory tract symptoms, coughing, and hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It is also suspected that mold may cause children to develop asthma. 

Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is a particularly scary health problem that can cause devastating health issues. This can happen when mold triggers your immune system, causing inflammation in your lungs. If left untreated, it can result in permanent scarring on lung tissue, impairing proper functioning. Symptoms will only worsen over time with repeated, prolonged exposure. Fortunately, one treatment for the condition can be simply removing what is triggering the immune response in the first place – mold.

Mold Is Often A Well-Hidden Danger

What might feel like allergies could be a reaction to mold in your house as the symptoms closely mirror those for allergies, including hay fever symptoms. One possible clue you may have a mold problem is if you are experiencing allergy symptoms year-round. There is no specific medical test for mold exposure. Doctors instead will have to test for allergies to rule them out. Detecting it medically can be a complicated process. Making matters worse, mold doesn’t always grow where you can easily discover it. Common areas are basements, bathrooms, and laundry rooms – damp places, where water can accumulate, and humidity is plentiful.

Mold can grow in upholstery, insulation, wallpaper, carpet, and even in dust. It can enter your house through air-conditioning systems, open doors, or windows, and also be carried indoors by your pets. Once inside, it will thrive anywhere it finds moisture. It can be especially prominent if you’ve had flooding or a leaking or burst pipe recently.

Time Is Of The Essence

The key to protecting your home, and more importantly, your family, from mold, is to act fast. You need a trained professional to assess your home and find mold where it hides and flourishes. American Veterans Restoration is owner-operated, so that means your problem is ours, and we’ll handle it as such, taking care of your home just like our own. If you think you may have mold in your home, contact us today for a free inspection. You and your family’s health could depend on it.

24/7 emergency service​

Get a Free Inspection

Our technicians are at the ready 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be at your location within 45 minutes on average.

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap